Thursday, May 23, 2013

HARVEST MOON!!



A year after Lexie Stone lost her sister Angela to a brutal murder, Lexie's self-obsessed mother walks out, leaving her with her alcoholic father. When Lexie becomes the target of her father's physical abuse, she makes a life changing decision...to keep her secret from everyone.

But, on the night marking five years since Angela's death, the secret Lexie has kept almost kills her, forcing her to face the aftermath of her decisions.

Torn by her love for her sister, her three best friends and the inescapable feeling that unless she can let go of the past she may not survive...


But to do so, may mean leaving behind everything she has ever known.

Author: Megan McCooey
Title: Harvest Moon (Book #1 of The Harvest Series)
Genre: Fiction >Young Adult > Contemporary > Social Issues
Publication Date: March 2013
Links to Purchase: Amazon
Reviewer: Angela 

My Review: 5 out of 5 stars

Through my life I have always wanted to visit the New England states.  The way Megan captivated my attention with the setting of Harvest Moon makes me long to vacation not only to New England, but specifically Maine.  It was as if she tore me from the couch and put me next to Lexi throughout the book.  I felt the river breeze through my hair.  I could smell the Harvest Fest food.  When Lexi's father was dragging her across the floor, he was dragging me too.  I have more of a tendency to fall in love with books settings rather than the characters, and this books setting had me hooked from page one!  




No comments:

Post a Comment